Named to honor the memory of a pioneer in RLS research and established in 2010, the Wayne Hening Young Investigator Awards are presented at the annual meeting of the IRLSSG. The up-to five $1,000 awards recognize research efforts by new investigators in an attempt to promote interest in the study of RLS.
The 2023 Wayne Hening Young Investigator Awards will be made to welcome:
1. Either young investigators new to the RLS/PLMS field who are no more than 10 years past receiving their PhD or MD; or
2. Senior investigators new to the RLS/PLMS field (first publication of a first author abstract or journal article in the RLS/PLMS field is within the last 3 years); and
The awardees are expected to present their work at the online IRLSSG 2023 Annual Meeting, held on Sunday October 22, 2023. Full consideration will be given to those that submit their application by July 31, 2023. Abstracts considered for award will be judged based on work quality and relevance to the field.
Award applications should include the following:
1. Name, address, and scientific affiliation
2. Current job and professional role
3. Scientific mentor/senior associate (for junior investigators)
4. Submitted abstract. The abstract does not need to be accepted at another congress( for example World Sleep 2022). Prior submitted abstracts can be submitted, but need to disclose when the abstract was presented.
5. Other information supporting the application when appropriate or needed (e.g. comments about relevance of the work to RLS or about role/activity in the IRLSSG meeting.)
Applications should be filled out online or sent by email to:
IRLSSG Wayne Hening Award Committee
c/o Allan O’Bryan, Executive Secretary IRLSSG